An old tradition in the valley of the Upper Rhine, southern Germany and Switzerland, carnival is the time of the year when the reign of bad spirits of the cold and grim winter period is over and these spirits are symbolically being hunted down and expelled. By the end of winter, each year around January and February, people dress up as demons, witches, earthly spirits and dreadful animals to enact this scene of symbolic expulsion.
60 years of carnival madness in Mulhouse
In this year 2013, Mulhouse Carnival celebrates its 60 years around the theme of historical monuments of the city Mulhouse, the “Mad Carnival” activities have resumed their follies, fun and joy. The Carnival of Mulhouse team year after year managed to develop a wonderful, satirical and colorful parade.
Hundreds of volunteers from the community centers, students of the School of Chemistry, local associations, which by their participation worked out a Carnival of quality. Processions, day and night parade, traditional day for children, “caliente” night will make this 60th edition a must in Mulhouse’s life of events … just before Spring.
Do not hesitate to join and celebrate! Join the many witnesses and actors of a tradition well-anchored in the good city of Mulhouse!
An overview of the program of festivities this year
The program changes every year, but the pillars of the events remain. Here is the menu of the vintage 2013.
Thursday, February 14
• 7:11 p.m.: AfterWork Carnavalia special Valentine
Under the big Carnival Place de la Reunion, animated by the team at the Jet 7, Radio and Event ECN +.
Friday, February 15
• 7:11 p.m.: Evening of Alsatian traditions with Dreyeckland:
Evening with traditional carnival cliques and orchestra, Place de la Reunion.
• 9:11 p.m.: Hand-over of the keys of the city, by Jean Rottner, mayor of Mulhouse. Hotel de Ville
• 9:30 p.m. a 00h: PARTY CITY CARNAVALIA Act 1 – Collectif Metisse Concert band under the big Carnival Place de la Reunion. Evening animated by ECN Radio and Jet 7.
Saturday, February 16
• 10:00 to 2:00 pm: face painting for children and making of schangalas in collaboration with the bakers’ guild. Under the big Carnival Tent, Place de la Reunion.
• 1:11 p.m.: election of the small princely couple and the best costume
Enrolling children for the election from 10:00 am to 12:30 – under the big Carnival Tent Place de la Reunion – followed by the proclamation of the results.
• 2:11 p.m.: CARNAVALIA of KIDS – Children’s Parade
Circuit: the place of the Meeting until Porte Jeune, through the streets and Merciere Sauvage.
• 3:11 p.m.: arrival of the parade: activities for children and snack offered by the Centre Commercial Porte Jeune. Election of the most beautiful costume.
• 7:11 p.m. to 0:11 – CARNAVALIA PARTY CITY Act 2 – Sara Sofia Concert and Raffle Moussier
Evening animated by ECN Radio and Jet 7, under the big Carnival Place de la Reunion.
• 8:11 p.m. to 0:11 – the ride of Guggen in restaurants and bars (Carnival partners)
• Brasserie St Bernard – 3, rue des Fleurs
• Archives – Place de la Reunion
• Guillaume Tell
• The Jet Sept – 2 Passage of the Hotel de Ville
• Garden Ice – 6, Place de la Republique
• The Furnace Les Halles – 6, rue des Halles
• 9:11 p.m. – Narragonia – the night parade
Circuit: Place des Victoires, rue du Sauvage, Marechaux street, rue des Bons Enfants Street Butchers Place de la Reunion.
Sunday, February 17
• From 10:11 – animation of Place de la Reunion …
• 2:11 p.m.: CARNAVALIA 2013 – Great International Cavalcade
Circuit: rue de la Sinne, passage of the Hotel de Ville, Place de la Reunion, Merciere street, rue du Sauvage, Marechaux street, rue des Bons Enfants, Tanner Street, Grape Street.
• From 17:00 – animation and dining under the big Carnival Tent, Place de la Reunion.
Our 14 holiday apartments Les Remparts Riquewihr, about sixty kilometers and 45 minutes drive from Mulhouse. From the small studio for 2 people to the large luxury apartment for 6.
You must log in to post a comment.