Some years ago already, the Lonely Planet guides voted Alsace first among the top ten regions to be discovered in the world. Yes, Alsace is unquestionably spectacularly beautiful. A very special combination of history, culture, scenery, and especially food and wine makes it one of the most delightful places to visit in all of Europe.
Regularly the city of Colmar, in the heart of Alsace but also in the middle of the Upper Rhine valley, came up among the awarded places to go. But today things are getting serious and we need your active support.
As every year since 2009, the “European Best Destinations” reveals in January the cities in the running for the award of the Best European Destination of the year. This selection is established after examination of 260 localities through Europe.
This year, the little Colmar (70,284 inhabitants only!) has been designated among the 20 best places of interest in Europe, alongside very big cities such as Paris, London, Amsterdam, Berlin and many others.
Now, it’s up to Internet users (yes you too) to decide on the candidate cities supreme title, by voting online.
Go to the website of European Best Destinations and vote for Colmar. You can vote once per week. So you can vote 3 times.
From 18th January to 8th February 2018
Vote for Colmar, your favourite destination in Europe
Click here: www.bit.ly/ColmarEBD2018
More about the city of Colmar
Right in the middle of Alsace, there is Colmar. The wealth and fame of Colmar is dating back to the 13th century, making it a must-see historical center with prestigious monuments.
Colmar is full of romantic places to enjoy: the little Venice, the quai de la Poissonnerie, the area of the Tanners …
City of Art and Culture, Colmar offers some prestigious museums including the now famous Unterlinden museum, which is a must to visit. The four seasons are marked in Colmar by events such as the famous wine fair (August), Christmas and Easter markets, music festivals including the international music (July) and jazz (September) festivals.
- Colmar was declared 2nd best Christmas market in Europe, and 1st Christmas market in France, by vote audience of visitors in 2017
- Colmar was listed among the 52 destinations to see in the world, by the New York Times in 2016
- According to the survey conducted by European Best Destinations in 2017, Colmar was among the 19 best medieval cities of Europe,
- Colmar was awarded “Best destination for Easter”, following a poll directed by European Best Destinations in 2017
- According to TripAdvisor, Colmar is part of the top 10 places that seem straight come out of a fairy tale.
You must log in to post a comment.